The Proof is in the Science
Shockwave Therapy Research Articles Curated by Shelbourne Physiotherapy Victoria BC
- Current Concepts of Shockwave Therapy in Stress Fractures
- Efficacy of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy in Frozen Shoulder
- No Difference in Effectiveness Between Focused and Radial Shockwave Therapy for Treating Patellar Tendinopathy: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Efficacy of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy for Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Shockwave Therapy Compared with Intramedullary Screw Fixation for Nonunion of Prixmal Fifth Metatarsal-Diaphyseal Fractures
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy vs. kinesiotherapy for osteoarthritis of the knee: A pilot randomized controlled trial
- Injured Muscles Shocked back to health
- Storz Medical Shockwave Therapy Listed Pubmed Publications
- Radial Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Is Safe and Effective in the Treatment of Chronic Recalcitrant Plantar Fasciitis:Ludger Gerdesmeyer, MD, PhD, Carol Frey, MD, Johannes Vester, PhD, Markus Maier, PhD, Lowell Weil Jr, DPM, Lowell Weil Sr, DPM, Martin Russlies, PhD, John Stienstra, DPM, Barry Scurran, DP, Keith Fedder, MD, Peter Diehl, MD, Heinz Lohrer, MD, Mark Henne, MD, and Hans Gollwitzer, MD
- Clinically Relevant Effectiveness of Focused Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy in the Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis. A Randomized, Controlled Multicenter Study By: Hans Gollwitzer, MD, Amol Saxena, DPM, Lawrence A. DiDomenico, DPM, Louis Galli, DPM, Richard T. Bouche, DPM, David S. Caminear, DPM, Brian Fullem, DPM, Johannes C. Vester, ́Carsten Horn, MD, Ingo J. Banke, MD, Rainer Burgkart, MD, and Ludger Gerdesmeyer, MD
- Study #2 – Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Low Energy Extracorporeal Pulse- Activated Therapy (EPAT) for Chronic Plantar Fasciitis By: Robert Gordon, MD; Charles Wong, BHSc; Eric J. Crawford, BHSc Toronto, Canada
- Shockwave Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy in Professional Athletes By: Angelo Cacchio, Jan D. Rompe, John P. Furia, Piero Susi, Valter Santilli and Fosco De Paulis
- Extracorporeal Shock-Wave Therapy Compared with Surgery for Hypertrophic Long-Bone Nonunions By: Angelo Cacchio, Lucio Giordano, Olivo Colafarina, Jan D. Rompe, Emanuela Tavernese, Francesco Ioppolo, Stefano Flamini, Giorgio Spacca and Valter Santilli
- Abstract-Heel Pain Treatment Results using Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Therapy (EPAT) vs. Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) By: Angela Drury-Schimberg, D.P.M., F.A.C., F.A.S.
- High-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy as a Treatment for Insertional Achilles Tendonopathy
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine – Eccentric Loading, Shock-Wave Treatment, or a Wait-and-See Policy for Tendinophathy of the Main Body of Tendo Achillis By: Jan D. Rompe, M.D., Bernhard Nafe, M.D., John P. Furia, M.D. Ph.D., and Nicola Maffulli, M.D., Ph.D., F.R.C.S.(Orth)
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine – High-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy as a Treatment for Insertional Achilles Tendinopathy By: John Patrick Furia, M.D.
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine – Extracorporeal Shockwave for Chronic Patellar Tendinopathy By: Ching-Jen Wang M.D., Jih-Yang Ko M.D., Yi-Sheng Chan M.D., Lin-Hsiu Weng M.D. and Shan-Lin Hsu M.D.
- Low-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy as a Treatment for Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome By: Jan D. Rompe, Angelo Cacchio, John P. Furia and Nicola Maffulli
- Physical Therapy – Effectiveness of Radial Shock-Wave Therapy for Calcific Tendinitis of the Shoulder: Single-Blind, Randomized Clinical Study By: Angelo Cacchio, Marco Paoloni, Antonio Barile, Romildo Don, Fosco de Paulis, Vittorio Calvisi, Alberto Ranavolo, Massimo Frascarelli, Valter Santilli, Giorgio Spacca
- Radial Shockwave Therapy in Calcific Tendinitis of the Rotator Cuff By: Dr. P. Magosch, ATOS Clinic Heidelberg (Germany)
- Evaluation of Low-Energy Extracorporeal Shock-Wave Application for Treatment of Chronic Plantar Fasciitis By: Jan D. Rompe, MD, Carsten Schoellner, MD, And Bernhard Nafe, MD
- The American Journal of Orthopedics – Safety and Efficacy of ESWT for Chronic Lateral Epicondylitis By: John P. Furia, M.D.
- Foot and Ankle International – ESWT for the Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis By: George Theodore, M.D., Matthias Buch, M.D., Annunziato Amendola, M.D., F.R.C.D., Christine Bachmann, M.D., Lamar L. Fleming, M.D., Chistopher Zingas, M.D.
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine – Shock Wave Therapy for Patients with Lateral Epiconylitis of the Elbow By: Ching-Jen Wang, M.S. & Han-Shiang Chen, M.D.
- Radial Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (rESWT) in Chronic Plantar Heel Pain – a RCT By: L. Gerdesmeyer, L. Weil, B. Scrurran, J. Stienstra, C. Frey, K. Fedder, M. Maier, M. Henne, M. Russlies, H. Lohrer, J. Vester
- Der niedergelassene Chirurg – Radial Shockwave Therapy in Heel Spur (Plantar Fasciitis) By: G. Haupt, R. Diesch, T. Straub, E. Penninger, T. Frölich, J. Schöll, H, Lohrer, T. Senge
- Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery – Shock Wave Therapy for Treatment of Foot and Ankle Conditions By: Alastair Younger, MB, ChB, FRCSC
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for the treatment of chronic calcifying tendonitis of the rotator cuff: a randomized controlled trial By: Gerdesmeyer L, Wagenpfeil S, Haake M, Maier M, Loew M, Wortler K, Lampe R, Seil R, Handle G, Gassel S, Rompe JD.
- Antibacterial effects of extracorporeal shock waves By: Gerdesmeyer L, von Eiff C, Horn C, Henne M, Roessner M, Diehl P, Gollwitzer H. Klinik und Poliklinik fur Orthopadie und Sportorthopadie der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
- Shin Splints: Efficacy of Radial Extracorporeal Shock Wave
Therapy in Ballet Dancers. A Series Of Cases
- Treatment of Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome With Radial Soundwave Therapy in Elite Athletes: Current Evidence, Report on Two Cases, and Proposed Treatment Regimen
- Repetitive low-energy shock wave application without local anesthesia is more efficient than repetitive low-energy shock wave application with local anesthesia in the treatment of chronic plantar fasciitis*By: Rompe JD, Meurer A, Nafe B, Hofmann A, Gerdesmeyer L.
Shelbourne Physiotherapy, Pilates & Massage is a locally owned health company with locations in beautiful Victoria & Saanich, British Columbia. Our clinics offer Physiotherapy, IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation) & Dry Needling, Kinesiology, Athletic Therapy, Exercise Rehabilitation, Massage Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Pelvic Floor Pilates Classes and Research, Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Vestibular, Dizziness & Balance Rehabilitation, Women’s health (peri-partum and incontinence), Acupuncture, Victoria Dizziness Clinic, Scoliosis Treatment, Clinical Osteofit Classes, Osteoporosis Treatment, Victoria Pelvic Floor Clinic, Real Time Ultrasound, Arthritis and Osteoarthritis Treatment, Electrical Modalities, Pelvic Floor Physio, Pelvic Pain Physiotherapy, Incontinence Treatment, Thoracic Ring Approach Physiotherapy Treatment, Sports Physiotherapy, Chronic Pain Treatment, Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), Yoga, Yogalates, Saanich Physiotherapy, Polestar Pilates, Stott Pilates, Clinical Pilates, Scoliosis Treatment, Kinetic Link Training KLT and Custom Knee Bracing.
Our clinics are approved providers for WorksafeBC (WCB) Physiotherapy and ICBC Physiotherapy, Kinesiology & Rehabilitation. We are proud members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy(CAMPT), Sport Physiotherapy Canada, SportmedBC, British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK), Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP), Vestibular Disorders Association, ISST International Schroth 3D Scoliosis Therapy, International Society for Medical Shockwave Treatment (ISMST), Think Local Victoria, Canadian Federation of Independent Business(CFIB), the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA and the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC) We have a clinic located in Saanich
Shelbourne Physiotherapy staff provide clinical instruction at our Victoria Clinic for students in the UBC Faculty of Medicine. We are an accredited facility for UBC Dept. of Physical Therapy Student Practicums.
Our Saanich & Victoria Physiotherapy clinics are modern and provide a relaxed healing atmosphere with private rooms available. Many Physiotherapy clinics in Victoria work out of a single room or a basement that does not offer the equipment, resources or space to help you recover properly. Our convenient locations make our clinics easy to access from all the neighbourhoods of Victoria, Saanich, Esquimalt and Oak Bay such as Dockside Green, Fairfield, James Bay, Oaklands, Fernwood, Harris Green, Jubilee, Hillside Quadra, Gonzales, Rockland, Gordon Head, Cadboro Bay, Uplands, Downtown Victoria, Cordova Bay, Arbutus, Camosun College Lansdowne Campus and the Songhees. We offer appointment times ranging from 7:00AM to 7:00PM for your convenience. Our Multidisciplinary Health Clinic is located right across the street from the Hillside Shopping Centre. we share a building with the Shelbourne Medical Centre which has a walk in clinic and many great General Practitioners.
We are a friendly, local Victoria & Saanich owned and community based health company designed to meet your individual needs. Our mission is to provide Physiotherapy and related services to the communities of Victoria, Saanich, Oak Bay, Victoria West and Esquimalt and help keep these residents active and healthy. We strive to creatively and professionally maximize client functioning and promote life-long wellness.
Our experienced and dedicated evidence based Health Care Professionals include Victoria & Saanich Physiotherapists Penny Salmas, Jennifer Kolot, Mark Gottfried, Christine Carrat, Nicole Gill, Mohsen Mirzaie, Robyn Elliot, Holly Mallari, Elyse Nieuwold, Meena Sran, Phil Lawrence, Jessica Shave, Cody McEvay, Kathy Murdoch, Ruan Le Roux, Nina Bai, Kira Crover, Hilary Beck, Shannon Huff, Michael Richards, Alta Bezuidenhout, Leah Taylor and Blair Braz. Our experienced Victoria BC Kinesiologists include Larry Muir, Tegan Johnson, Heidi Nottelman, Our experienced Victoria & Saanich BC Registered Massage Therapists include Taryn Krizan, Selena Curvelo, Jennifer Koebernick, Kathy Pantalon, T’airah Bowker RMT, Molly Scott, Jessica Bundy RMT, Laura Jones and Rebekah Neubert. Our Victoria Athletic Therapists are Tegan Johnson, Emily Callendar, Maya Rahn and Cheryl Mah. Our Certified Victoria Pilates and Yoga Instructors include Chantelle Shah-Poulin, Lisa Hostman, Kelsey Kowalchuk, Penny Salmas, Danielle O’Reilly, Stephanie Cadman & Chris Csak. Renowned Victoria Physiatrist Paul Winston practices at our clinic.